Wednesday, March 5, 2014

New Orleans Part 1

Dear Reader, 

Last month a trip that had been planned for months finally came true. Ever since I was big enough to dream about traveling, New Orleans had always been in my top 10. And with a limited time left in the U.S before the big move, it now was a necessary trip I had to experience before going back to Europe. So we packed once again our bags and drove all the way to New Orleans. Yes, I did say DRIVE all the way to New Orleans. We left extremely early and took turns my mother and I in the driving of 864 miles. It was quite a stretch and we arrived in New Orleans late afternoon. We went straight to the hotel, had dinner and called it a night.


Day 2 we decided to head to the French Quarter and explore. However it was EXTREMELY cold (37 Degrees Fahrenheit) which is too cold to function for Floridians. Not only was it cold but also raining and windy so not even 30 minutes in this weather and we stopped in a little cafe to get some hot chocolate. Having warmed up a little we headed to St. Louis Cathedral, which was so beautiful! The architecture, glass windows and murals were magnificent ! And lucky for us, just when we were about to leave it starts pouring rain. So we ran for refuge before going to see the Mississippi River which wasn't looking at its best with its browny water and a gloomy sky. We continued to explore the French Quarter more but with the constant rain I could not film and when I would take out my camera my hands would freeze in just seconds. After hours of walking and exploring we became walking ice cubes, so we headed to get the famous beignets from Cafe du Monde, which were so delicious I could live off them for the rest of my life. But even with our bellies full of beignets and hot chocolate we were still freezing and headed back to the hotel. Which we left only to have dinner and ran back to our warm room after.

I really fell in love with New Orleans that day. It has so much history, everyone was extremely nice (southern hospitality is not a myth), the food was to die for and most importantly New Orleans is so unique it makes it that much more charming. Even with the cold and rainy weather it was a fun day which I wish I could of filmed more. However the following days were quite warmer and the sun made its appearance, so keep an eye out for New Orleans Part 2. And I'll talk to you next time.

Bookishly Yours, 

No comments:

Post a Comment